Monday, October 6, 2008

Another First







Once again, I got to lead the cheer squad for another new sporting event. Andy and Justin signed up for a sprint triathalon in American Fork on Saturday. On the day of the race, Justin could not get off work so Andy had to go it alone. Race day turned out to be a rainy, miserable day. Jaxon begged to go with me so he and I donned our hoodies and went with Andy. When we arrived we discovered that we were poorly outfitted for the day and had forgotten the cell phone to call for reinforcements. After searching for a phone unsuccessfully, I asked a complete stranger if I could use her phone. I requested dry clothes for Andy, a blanket and a phone:) By the time that Andy emerged from the water, BriAnna was there. Cheering is pretty fun. And, at the rate that I am building my running stamina, cheering will be my permanent roll. When I mentioned this to Andy he suggested that we put signs on our van "TEAM WILBUR."

1 comment:

Melody said...

Dear Zeb, when I can pull of wearing spandex as good as you can I will really - FURR REALS show up to compete!